doodles, the best I could do . week 31


This week I almost fell off my #365daysofcreativity. I think I'm overwhelmed with life and juggling 4 jobs. My creative challenge fell to the way-side in my mind. HOWEVER, there was still a lot of creativity, just not intentional and not toward working on a greater piece. Doodles were the best I could on paper. 

My favorite doodle of the week!
"wild flowers tamed"
pencil & paper . week 31

DOODLES

collaboration of doodles - week 31

Inspiration around the house ... see doodle above (top right)

CREATIVE IN THE KITCHEN

Got creative in the kitchen with my tutoring gals.
We made cupcakes in a jar. Strawberry shortcake flavored.
We got 'off-cuts' from a local bakery, layered them in a jar with
strawberry jam, white icing, fresh strawberries & of course
SPRINKLES!
The girls took the yummy desserts home for a weekend treat!

ART LECTURE, CAPE TOWN
Andrew took us to a Strauss & Co Master Class on Saturday. We sat under a lecture of a famous South Africa artist, Penny Siopis. She talked about the process and materialism of her work. It was an amazing reminder that art is a PROCESS, not just an end result. 

Welgemeend Venue, Gardens Cape Town! Such a beautiful place.
http://www.welgemeend.com/



After the lecture, we took a detour to Cape Town City Hall where they recently unveiled a statue of Mandela
to commemorate his 100th birthday (Aug 2018)

CHURCH
The whole reason I ventured on this #365daysofcreativity was to connect to God and how He created me. I'm learning so much from a variety of sources that seem to be in line with my year's theme. Isn't it funny how God does that? You're on a mission to hear, see, experience something, and because you're looking for it ... or because God sends it your way, you encounter your message in so many directions. LOVE how God does that. 

Our church! Common Ground Constantiaberg.