perseverance + tools . week 3


It's the third week of the year and the excitement of resolutions is wearing off. Real life has crept in, travel schedules invaded and the frantic pace of ministry life has me in a tail-spin. However, you'll be happy to hear I have kept my #365daysofcreativity and still pursuing my art challenge everyday.

This week's theme, PERSEVERANCE. Even when I'm tired and want to pass on discipline, I've persevered. And the fact of the matter is, when I get the brush in my hand and make the first mark, I'm happy I'm there. ... same with working out ... once my shoes are on and I take the first step, I'm glad I'm sweating. My continuous lesson in JUST DO IT is true. The fruit of perseverance is a result! 

One other piece that added to the perseverance this week was a trip to the art store. New tools and new inspiration have helped curiosity continue. There's one great art store in Cape Town that I love, but it's quite the trip to town. We gathered the gumption to make the trip, had a list and a budget and left excited to create. My advice, when having a hard time persevering, change your tools. Grab an idea off of Pinterest, have a conversation with another like-minded-creative and be inspired, or best of all, ask for some accountability (another friend ... or a blog) and just get out there, just do your thing. 2019 will thank you for your perseverance today.



A few looks at art that came from week 3 #365daysofcreativity:

#15
Introducing your skills to the team.
#butterflyartproject team workshop
#19
bright field



#20
new tools. playing around. like a kid in a candy store

#21
Bloomin