variety . week 27

Variety is the spice of life. 
During my #365daysofcreativity, I've found that creativity on a daily basis is getting easier and easier. I find this 'activity' of creativity is preferable to me.  I have chosen a variety of ways to create and they're all fun to hop around to. And when I have a bit of free-time of I can't sit still, I run to my art supplies and just get my desire to create out! 

Here's a peak at what week 27 of #365daysofcreativity looked like:

We had a lunch date at a pottery painting cafe: Clay Cafe in Hout Bay!

Coffee and paint! What more could a girl want?

Our finished pieces. I designed. Andrew labored. We've got 2 similar ones at home that I previously made. We'll have a set of 4 now. It's so fun to entertain with fun pottery you've made!

 "Funky Sun" 3 feet x 3.5 feet
I'm doing a kids art workshop next week. I did a little tester to see how the materials work together, how long it'll take to dry and if it's age appropriate. Still some details to go, but this was the amount I got accomplished in an hour.

challenging creativity
I got a beautiful care package from the Shades Mountain Encouragement Team. In it was a Mandala 500 piece puzzle. I decided to take on the challenge. Unbeknownst to me, it was black & white. Lines. Just lines. You have to look hard, study the patterns, pay attention to the details. Linking like colors is no use here. For a week, I've taken over our kitchen table and sat for hours or just walked by and stopped until I can find just one 'fit.' After it's together, then I will color it. I'm challenging my brain before I can get creative with this little piece!

An invitation I designed for an upcoming ministry event.
#digitalcreativity