sketchbook . week 33

One of the best lessons I've learned from this #365daysofcreativity has been to carry a pen and paper everywhere. When sitting in a lecture or in a line somewhere, I just pull out my sketchbook and get inspired by what's around me. Some days it's about checking it off my to-do list. This #365days challenge has been a thorn sometimes, but as you'll see below, I at least put pen to paper just to say I did it. That's like a lot of things in life (working out, cooking, cleaning, adulting), you have to just do it for consistency. Some days I love it, other days I force myself to get it done.

This week, I'll show you my sketchbook and all the little doodles. You might notice some days inspire the next. I seem to carry an idea over to the next day and then work off of that and see how it morphs into the next! Keeping a sketchbook has been so valuable to my process.


pattern doodle
inspired by a lady's scarf sitting in front of me at a meeting

the day I just had to scribble and check it off the list
#365daysofcreativity

line drawing faces


line and shape

line and color


perspective
studying landscape, shape, line, color ... all the things together!


As has become the theme, ART IN THE KITCHEN happened again this weekend. It was my husband's birthday, and he discovered Reeses peanut butter cups when we visited America last year. If I want to spoil him, I just make peanut butter flavored anything! This giant Reeses cup was his birthday cake!




Giant Reeses Cup
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 - 2 1/2 cups icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
milk chocolate (I used 2 bars of Cadbury milk choc)

Combine first 4 ingredients in blender.
Press into a cake layer pan (round) that has been lined with baking paper.
Melt chocolate in microwave - 20 second intervals, stir, repeat until smooth.
Pour on top of peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve!



BIRTHDAY OUTING TO TABLE MOUNTAIN!
18 Aug 2018