pause . week 40

This week has been a BUST. I was creative in very random ways. We had a ministry event at our house where I cooked new things and decorated and created an atmosphere ... but my art suffered this week. 

Part of me wanted to just sketch something quickly so that I had something to post, but I don't mind admitting that this week (and the last) have been challenging and I just had to pause something. I haven't felt well. I've worked hard and pushed myself even despite feeling weak and weary, but when I got home, all I could do was crash on the couch. My poor husband had to fend for himself in the kitchen most nights these past weeks. Maybe I had a "Sept Square-a-thon" hangover and the pressure to keep up with the Sept prompts was overkill? While it was an anti-challenge, anyone that knows me understands my personal competitive nature and I pushed myself to finish that race. 

I'm feeling strong today and hope to get back on the wagon and continue my #365daysofcreativity (maybe now it's #358days). I admit the pause was necessary. I don't want to feel guilty ... this challenge has changed my perspective and encouraged me to be more activity in my art, and that's a huge success. 

Until next week ...